This week, media outlets across the Bay Area are featuring stories on homelessness in San Francisco, as a means to draw attention to just how many people are homeless in our City and to encourage action to help end this injustice.
Just in time for this week of coverage, the video of our latest forum, Weapons of Mass Displacement, is now available online. We don’t think a conversation about homelessness is complete without talking about the crises of displacement, gentrification, and police violence currently happening in San Francisco, and making connections between the ways we police our gentrifying neighborhoods and the ways we talk about, think about, and treat people experiencing homelessness.
Watch Part 2 of the video here.
For those who missed it, this panel featured:
- Phelicia Jones, SEIU 1021, Justice for Mario Woods Coalition
- Adriana Camarena, Mission District activist, Justice for Alex Nieto
- Jennifer Friedenbach, Tenderloin activist, Coalition on Homelessness
- Chris Herring, PhD Candidate, UC Berkeley Department of Sociology
- Joesph Wilson, Hospitality House (Moderator)